Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lot 10 Hutong | Kuala Lumpur


"Lot 10 Hutong is a Malaysia's first and only heritage destination that pays tribute to one of the best loved national treasures - good food and the art of local cuisines. A gourmet heritage village, Lot 10 Hutong offers more than 30 of the country's best eateries that have survived the 2nd and 3rd generations. Each is hand-picked from the best of the best, distinguished by its all-time favourite signature dish.

Just to name the few ; Kong Tai Singapore Prawn Mee, Campbell Mini Popiah, Ho Weng Kee Wanton Mee, Soong Kee Beef Noodles, Hainan Chicken Rice and Kim Lian Kee Hokkien Mee are among some these national food treasures at Lot 10 Hutong. A track record that dates back at least 40 years and a brand identity that is instantly recognisable is the minimum criteria for any brand to be at Lot 10 Hutong." - Lot 10 Hutong


I didn't manage to visit their website to get any info on what's the best of the best to eat and I was in need of lunch immediately (3pm then), so I had Doug order me Claypot Lou Shu Fun. It turned out to be the best claypot lou shu fun I've ever had! It had that burnt flavor any Chinese would crave for in any claypot dish. Like the classic dry lou shu fun you usually find in a coffee shop, it was made with three signature sauces ; soya, dark and soya sauce. I didn't fancy eating raw egg so when my pot arrived, I covered the egg with the noodles and let it cook for a while. One pot like that costs RM10+ where else you can easily get one outside for half the price but something like that is usually overlooked when one can dine in a luxury food court.


Doug ordered Claypot Chicken Rice with fried egg (he can never miss a meal without a piece of fried egg) which was roughly the same price as my pot. I had a taste of it and it wasn't too bad. He really liked it though and mentioned that he didn't know Claypot Chicken Rice can be that good!


The Claypot Stall


An aunty with a trolley filled with dim sum stopped next to where I was sitting. I love dim sum! So, I ended up getting one serving of Siu Mai and Braised Chicken Feet which came up to RM14 for both! Got a shock of my life there when she told me the total. For that price, I can actually order 5 plates of dim sum at my usual dim sum place. Didn't want to look like a fool, I reluctantly gave her the cash and quietly cursed myself for being too greedy. Ah well! Dim sum tasted good anyhow but it wasn't thattttt good that it was worth RM7 a plate.

Walked around the food court after we were done to take some pictures of the place. Here are some of the stalls they have :




Although the food is slightly pricier than the average roadside stalls, locals and tourists still flock in for the best of the best and the place was still packed with people even when it was at 3pm. Live to Eat!

Oh, and why did I go all the way to Lot 10 for lunch that day? What else! H&M of course! LOL. Bagged these pieces after I've tried like 14 pieces of clothing. Gah!!



sling bag, skinny jeans, long sleeve basic top and loose sleeveles top.


Jam while heading back home in the heart of Kuala Lumpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment