Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Singapore Affair | Day 2

It was an early morning for us. Both the boys got up at 830AM for work and I waited till about 10AM for Doug to get back to the hotel. If you were wondering where we stayed, it is at Hotel 81 Dickson which I wouldn't even bother recommending. Rooms are tiny, shower has a mind of its' own, walls are superbly thin so much so that we could hear everything that was going on outside the room, uncivilized people staying whereby children are banging the doors continuously at 1AM and need I go on? You get the drift.

So we were thinking if we should head to The Countryside Cafe for western breakfast because that's our only option of having western breakfast. Our other option is to eat at one of the Indian shops around which we didn't felt like. Decided to walk over to Bugis for McDonald's breakfast. Was pretty curious what they have on their menu since they are allowed pork. :)


15mins walk later, we were looking up at their menu and Doug ordered something called Sausage Mc Griddle which was the same as our Sausage Mc Muffin but instead of a Muffin top, it came with Pancake top. He added a slice of Turkey Bacon at SGD1 while I remained loyal to my Sausage Mc Muffin with Hash Brown and a cup of Tea.




Visited Haji Lane in the afternoon and loved it there! I wasn't feeling too well that day because I had diarrhea from last night's food. Still don't know which food was the culprit and it was a really bad day to have diarrhea when you're planning to walk alot.


Found this really cool place to chill. Coffee Art Design Cafe which I'll blog in another post.

Walks of life from different parts of the world were seen enjoying the day along Haji Lane that day and it was a great day to people watch and just relax. Charles joined us later in the day after work was done.

Headed back to the hotel to freshen up before dinner at the Fullerton Hotel. We were served really good fine dining Chinese food at Jade. I've got to say, all the dishes we had were so unique and tasteful.


Roasted Duck in Foie Gras Flavor, Crispy Chicken Fillet in Spicy and Sour Pomelo Dressing, Crispy Prawn Coated with Wasabi Mayonnaise.
Braised Bird Nest with Truffle Egg White in Superior Broth
Steamed Red Grouper in Superior Soya served with Xiao Tang Cai


Braised Bai Ling Mushroom with Spinach Layered Bean Curd
Simmered Egg Noodle with Lobster in Spring Onion and Ginger
Iced Duo Coconut with Fresh Strawberry

At 8PM sharp, F1 began and it was an amazing thing to be at Clarke Quay that night. F1 cars roaring around the track and it was like thunder to those who were watching at that time. I didn't get the privilege to watch but to roam around Clarke Quay and that was enough for me.





My ultimate goal that night was to see the Merlion. With roads being blocked around the F1 track, it was pretty tough getting across and I thought we couldn't but my eyes were shining so bright when I found out from the concierge that I could simply head down the tunnel of their hotel which brings me across to the Merlion Park. I was literally skipping with joy!

Oh, the visit to the Merlion Park was such a satisfying time. I finally got to see Marina Bay Sands and I was immersed in my own world.





"If this is what traveling is all about, I'd be glad to tell everyone that I am selling all my belongings, pack my bags, shout "see you, amigos" and go on traveling the world for life. BUT things don't work that way. So, I'll just have to be grateful and thankful that I get this much. One step at a time, Jane." My exact thoughts at that time when I came off the escalator and had a full view of the place.


Oh, Singapore. What a beautiful place you truly are.

After the F1 race ended, we headed over to Clarke Quay to have a drink and ended our Singapore journey with a few silly photos inside The Fullerton Hotel. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment